How to make your own roasted pumpkin seeds
Follow this recipe, courtesy of Fabulous Foods, for traditional roasted pumpkin seeds:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees farenheit
- Clean off the strings and pulp from the seeds It's OK to leave some, but be sure to get the large chunks off. Do not wash with water, just pull the pulp away.
- In a mixing bowl, toss 1 1/2 cups cleaned pumpkin seeds with 2 teaspoons of melted butter or olive oil and salt to taste
- Spread the pumpkin seeds on an oiled cookie sheet in a single layer
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the seeds are golden brown
- Italian style: Italian seasoning blend, parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Pumpkin pie: Cinnamon, ground ginger and a pinch of nutmeg, butter
- Greek style: Lemon pepper seasoning blend, oregano, salt, olive oil
- Buffalo wing: Butter, tabasco sauce, salt
- Mexican style: Chili powder and lime juice
- Savory: 4 tablespoons melted butter, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, and 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- Halloween style: 4 tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice.
- Spicy: 4 tablespoons melted butter, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garlic powder or garlic salt
- Seasoning salt
- Black pepper
- Salt-free seasoning blend, such as Mrs. Dash brand
- Cayenne pepper
- Cajun seasoning blend
- Grated hard cheeses
- Wanda's Halloween Kitchen - Roasted pumpkin seeds: Instructions and photos walk you through the process.
- eHow.com - Supplies for making roasted pumpkin seeds A free video walks you through everything you'll need to roast your pumpkin seeds this Halloween.