Food & Drink
Make your own baby food
This allows you to monitor the quality of what your baby eats and reduce the environmental damage associated with packaging, manufacture, and transportation of baby food.
How to make your own baby food
Making baby food at home is a relatively simple and quick procedure! By cooking big batches of food ahead of time and then freezing them, you can save time and build convenience into your baby's eating routine.
- Choose the raw ingredients that you want to feed your baby. This may include grains, fruits, meats, dairy products, and other foods as well. Make sure you consult your pediatrician before introducing your baby to a new food. There are certain ages at which it is appropriate to start introducing certain foods.
- Put the prepared ingredients into a blender and blend until desired consistency is achieved.
- You can freeze the leftover baby food in ice cube trays for up to three months.
Making your own baby food helps you go green because…
- It reduces the resources used for manufacturing, transporting, and producing pre-packaged baby food.
- It reduces the amount of waste, in the form of baby food packaging, that ends up in landfills or incinerators.
- If you use organic food to make your own baby food, you reduce your child's exposure to pesticides and minimize environmental exposure, as well.
Share with Your Friends & Family