Whether you call it a buy-one-get-one, two-fer, gift with purchase, or by any other name, who doesn’t love getting two (or more) things for the price of one?
When it comes to beauty products, products that serve multiple purposes can cut down on time, ease up on clutter, and even help the environment, as you’re wasting less packaging and conserving the resources and materials used to manufacture the products. Here are 5 great multipurpose goods for your consideration:
1. 2-in-1 Shampoos: 2-in-1s offer the cleansing power of shampoos with the moisturizing power of conditioners. With 2-in-1s you get one product, and only need to rinse once — meaning you also cut down on shower time, and therefore, use less water, too. Look for 2-in1s from brands like Suave and Tresemme.
2. Versatile Makeup: To streamline your make-up routine, look for products that can serve more than one purpose, such as single stains, powders, or creams that can be used on cheeks, eyes, and lips. Similarly, beauty balm (“BB”) creams often serve the purpose of anti-aging creams, moisturizers, SPF lotions, and foundations all in one.
3. Argan Oil: Another relatively new product that seems to solve a host of beauty products, argan oil is derived from a moroccan tree and is rich in vitamin E. Use it as a moisturizer, on split ends or dry hair, ragged cuticles, and stretch marks.
4. Multipurpose Salves: Oil-based salves, like Vaseline petroleum jelly, can serve a multitude of uses: Mending chapped lips, softening dry skin, removing make-up, healing diaper rash, soothing sunburn, taming frizzy hair, and more. Some salves even contain herbs and other medicinal ingredients to work even more wonders.
5. Kitchen Ingredients for Beauty Treatments: What’s more versatile than something that you can eat and which has a beauty benefit? For many beauty treatments, you need look no further than your kitchen. Salt and sugar can be used for exfoliating, egg whites can firm skin, baking soda whitens teeth, and honey can heal wounds as well as moisturize skin. Using these natural ingredients instead of store-bought products helps cut down on artificial ingredients and reduces packaging waste.
What is your favorite double-duty beauty product? Tell us in the comments below!
Unilever is proud to partner with Recyclebank. Unilever believes that food that tastes good, should do good, too. To read more about Unilever’s sustainability efforts, visit Unilever.com.